The doctors of Southern Maine Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery are proud to offer the latest technology when treating patients in pain and/or in need of surgery. In using the EPIC laser and Waterlase from BIOLASE®, we can ensure “greater comfort, less bleeding, faster healing, and better clinical results” than conventional treatments.
The technology behind this innovation is similar to LASIK vision correction, which has been used successfully for decades.
Some of the conditions that BIOLASE® can address, and how it can aid when surgery is required:
- Comfortably remove small “tags” called papillomas and growths called fibromas that result from cheek or tongue traumatic bite.
- Relieve the pain of cold sores (herpes labialis) and canker sores (apthous ulcer), and decrease the amount of healing time.
- Allow for the use of topical anesthetic only for many procedures, which results in reduced bleeding (there is no need to deliver local anesthetic via shot or needle, which often results in bleeding.)
- Reduce the need for post-operative pain medications. • Reduce the need for stitches after surgery.
- Reduce recovery time and ensure minimal discomfort. Our recent addition of this technology furthers our commitment to offer our patients the latest advancements in the treatment of facial conditions.